Saturday, September 17, 2011

and again i find myself in frankfurt.

i'm not sure if i can describe the wide spectrum of feelings i've felt during the last 24 hours. currently, i feel exhaustion. didn't get much sleep two nights ago and i certainly did not get enough sleep on my trans-con flight with lufthansa. yesterday i awoke with the task of packing two weeks worth of clothes into one roller bag and a backpack. i gave myself a two hour buffer before my flight to san francisco. i made a quick stop to the bank but in between the car ride from my house and the bank, my debit card disappeared. luckily, by the grace of God, my friend Hugo a.k.a "juice" happened to be working. he's the bank manager so he quickly cancelled my debit card before a "paco" or "chuy" had the chance to use it. a couple of minutes later Hugo had a temporary ATM card ready for me to use. 
i made my way to LAX with a heavy foot. i got there fast but was stuck inside a shuttle bus for about 30 minutes, all thanks to the genius behind the wheel. by the time i got to terminal i had about 25 minutes before departure. i got through security quick, and made my way to the service center. breean was controlling the SFO flight, she told me that it was completely full; my heart sank.
the boarding agent was checking on a seat and it turned out that the guest was not boarded. and being that it was a little under 10 minutes before departure, i got the seat! i did get scolded though by my supervisor : / but either way, i wouldn't have been able to get the seat any sooner since they had to check if the seat was open. 
that was probably the most stressful leg of this journey so far. the SFO--->FRA flight was smooth. the agents were nice and gave me a seat as soon as i got to the gates. one thing about the A-380: it is huge! the seats comfortable, leg space generous, the food tasty. though the filipino lady next to me kept bumping my shoulders every hour leaving me in a perpetual state of half-sleep. 

well, i'm back in frankfurt. hopefully i don't get to spend the night here. if i do, i've already picked a great spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment